Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This too shall pass

I adore my children.  They bring so much joy into my life.  I have to say that, not only because it's true, but because what I'm about to admit will make it seem as if I don't. 

Today, they drove me crazy.  Anthon has this habit of saying everything twice, which is super annoying if you didn't want to hear it the first time.  He does it CONSTANTLY.  And Erilyn has gotten SO melodramatic.  I hear Kirk frequently singing, "It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine..."  I think it's his way of coping with her moodiness.  It's insane!  I'm usually better at dealing with it, but I was NOT good at it today.  I was literally ready to pull my hair out.  Bed time could not have come soon enough. 

Here's to hoping tomorrow will be better.  Or that I at least will be better able to deal with this phase (and it is a phase.  It HAS to be.)

1 comment:

Katie said...

I have a theory that all the hormones go into the oldest daughter. My oldest is SO DRAMATIC and some days are tuff like you described. Then I have my second daughter who is so laid back and awesome, she's a breath of fresh air. (she has her days though) My point is everyone is a young daughter totally knows what you're going through. I thought I would have til she turned 12 or whatever but nope, it starts when they start talking. Let's start a support group. =)