Monday, February 8, 2010

Tanner is 6 months old!

I can't believe this kid.  He is a dream baby.  Have you ever read Secrets of the Baby Whisperer?  I found it when I was pregnant with Erilyn and LOVED it.  It helped so much with Erilyn.  Anyway, in it, the author, Tracy Hogg, categorizes the most common temperments of babies into five "types:" the angel baby, the textbook baby, the touchy baby, the spirited baby, and the grumpy baby.  Without going into a lot of detail (the names are pretty self-explanatory), Tanner is by far, without a doubt, an angel baby.

I heard someone say once that she thought God always made the third child easy since he knew how difficult the jump from two to three kids can be and while I'm not naive enough to believe that's true, it certainly is true that my sweet Tanner is a dream come true!  He is a such a joy to have around; always pleasant, rarely demanding, and constantly smiling.

He's not a huge fan of tummy time, and never has been, so I have a hard time getting him to roll from his back to his tummy, though he's been able to go the other way pretty much since we brought him home from the hospital at about three months old. He can sit up with some support, grab at toys and pass them from one hand to another, jump (in his jumper), and laugh big giant belly laughs which are incredibly contagious.  Nothing like a baby laughing to kick you out of a bad mood. 

We've started him on real food and so far he's had, in this order, rice cereal (which he thought I was trying to kill him with!  He'd gag and choke and make yucky faces, so we gave up the cereal after about a week and moved on), peas (which he hated), squash, green beans, and sweet potatoes all of which he liked okay, and now we're onto applesauce, which he makes a face at but will eat. 

He loves baths and bedtime stories with Anthon and Erilyn.  He loves to watch them run around and play and laughs at them pretty much whenever they look at him, which is fun for them. I have the magic touch for him when he's sad or fussy (which is not very often), but I still can't get him to laugh like Kirk can.  It's adorable.  Sometimes all it takes is for Kirk to say "Hey buddy."  So cute.

I'll stop now, before I make a total fool out of myself bragging about my baby (when really, I had nothing to do with his temperment besides my genetics) but I will end by saying that, as if being a dream baby wasn't enough, he's also the most adorable, chubby little thing ever! 

2 comments:

Durrett Family Band said...

He's adorable, Sonja! I wish I could come squish those cheeks.

Susan said...

Awww...so cute! Glad he is a good baby!