Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My baby is coughing again.


Not the same dry, can't get a breath-in coughs that he had with pertussis, and that landed him in the PICU a few months ago, but still. It breaks my heart to hear him coughing. Again. I think it might be croup. Poor kid. He's doing alright, though, and he has his 6 month check up on Thursday so I've decided not to panic unless he has trouble breathing.
He's a trooper, though. Always smiling at me and blowing raspberries. Kirk thinks his spitting is funny. Anthon and Erilyn think it's hilarious how often he sticks his tongue out and spits at them. I think it's....wet. He's always wet!
He's a very content baby. Happy to just be wherever and do whatever. He does love his jumper toy though, and he's getting to be quite a rigorous jumper. It's so cute to watch him go at it with a big ol' grin on his face.
I just love his chubby little legs and bum and I can't get enough of his chubby little cheeks. I ache for him to stay this age forever. I just love it. I'm trying to soak it in and enjoy it, but already I can see him getting bigger. He's days away from being able to roll all the way over and that alone changes everything.
Those cheeks are calling...

1 comment:

Durrett Family Band said...

Sorry to hear your baby is coughing again. My baby was a cough too and it breaks my heart as well. I hope he gets better soon. I'm sure lots of kisses will help.