Sunday, September 14, 2008

What's up with my camera?

I must have had something on my camera lense thinga-ma-jigger because some of the pics are not so hot...anywho! This one is of me and the kiddos (with Kirk taking the picture...obviously) on our second leg of our Great Family Party. Our last day before Anthon started kindergarten. It was a fun day...and a bit sad for me. We had a blast swimming, though! And I finally swam the whole length of the pool underwater...not a huge accomplishment since the pool is small, but good for me.




Here's my boy! First day of school. He wasn't nervous a bit. When we got to his classroom he walked right in, put his stuff away, and sat down. I cried, of course, but he had a great day. When I picked him up that afternoon, I told him I'd missed him all day and that all day long I was thinking "I wonder what Anthon is doing...I wonder if he's having a good day...etc" and then I asked him if he'd missed me and he said, "Mom! I didn't even have time to think aboutchya!" Good? I guess. Later that week I asked him what kinds of things he learned about that day and his response was, "Uhmm, pretty much nothing." Which, based on the stuff he brings home, is pretty much true. I guess they have to cover the bases for those who've never been taught anything, but I think Anthon gets bored a bit. He still likes it, so that's good. And I'm getting used to having him gone...and the resulting VERY quiet house. Erilyn and I love meeing him for lunch once a week, and having "Walking Wednesdays" with him.


This is Erilyn, "ready to go." She has little high heels on, my bracelet, and a purse, and she went out to the car saying, "I ready, Mommy. Go!" She didn't like me telling her we didn't have anywhere to go, so I send her up to get her shopping cart so we could pretend to go to the store.














Here she is getting her bear ready for bed. He's wearing a diaper, her nightgown, and she's asking me to help her read him a story so he can go to bed. And she did all this wearing heels...that's my girl!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Susan said...

I read every word and will repent and comment once in a while. You inspire me and I love reading what you are up to! Keep it up! Love ya!

Betty said...

Wow, that was great. It's so fun
to read about the kids and see their pictures since I can't do it in person - you live so far away. The stories about their activities are great. I really enjoyed your pictures and writings about yourself. You have such a talent for writing. Love, MOM