Saturday, April 10, 2010

Quick One...

I have some catching up to do, but I wanted to record some of my favorite Erilyn phrases before I forget them:

Here they are, in no particular order:

1. "What you said, Mom?"

2.  "Mom, may I can have a cookie?"

3.  Anything that has an "fl" in it, like butterfly, because she says "thl" instead of "fl."  For example, "Mom!  Look!  Did you see that butterthly?", or, "Mom, birds can thly.  I wish I could thly like a bird.", or, "Sorry, Mom.  I accident spilled my yogurt on the thloor.", or "Mom, I love my new thlip thlops!"

4.  "Merry Christrum!"

I never let Kirk correct her because I think it's adorable and it will be all too soon when she figures it out for herself, and then what will I do?!

Also, one of the great joys of my life (seriously) is watching Erilyn ride her scooter.  I'll try to get a video of it or a picture.  It's adorable.

I love how when she is feeling most herself (meaning, when Anthon is at school and it's just me and her) she sings to herself constantly.  I haven't decided yet whether or not it's because she loves music, (which I already know she does; she especially loves being sung to sleep) or because she's such a social creature (which I also already know about her.  She literally comes to life when she has friends to play with.  It's a remarkable transformation. Not that she's not "alive" when alone at home with me, but she's much quieter, more reserved.  When I play with her, she lights up in the same way.  She just loves and craves company. I'll try to remember that about her.

No comments: