Thursday, April 15, 2010

My baby

I went in to check on Tanner a couple of days ago and found him just chillin in my bed, takin' a nap.

His hair was getting kind of long so I cut it the other day when I cut Anthon's.  I almost cried when I realized I'd cut all the silky soft baby hair off and now he has tougher little boy hair. 

Sometimes I want to live forever in a particular moment and would just love to freeze time and never let Tanner get old.  But then I think of how that would completely epitomize being damned.  He wouldn't be able to progress in any way because of my selfishness.

As much as I want to be able to cuddle him and kiss those sweet chubby cheeks forever, I want even more for him to grow, and learn, and experience all that life has to offer--the bad times along with the good. I know there is wisdom in God's plan for me and my family and I try to remember that when I'm cuddling with him in bed at night trying so hard to soak in his sweetness while I can.

I love this little guy! He has such a sweet, content, happy personality. He has brought so much joy to me as a mother, and such a happy dynamic to our family. We love you little buddy!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Durrett Family Band said...

Oh, he's so beautiful. In a very boyish way. I know just what you mean about wanting to hold on to these moments forever.

Tammy said...

what beautiful bright eyes he has - so cute!