Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Things I love

Or, rather, things I love about the people I love most.

First, I know it's time for pictures.  I get it.  They're coming; I promise.  We had to get a new computer and it's taking some time to get the picture thing sorted out.

Okay--things I love about the people I love most:

I love how Erilyn always wears headbands to bed.

I've been trying to convince her that she has to fix her hair every day (I know. Collective sigh from all the females). One night, when Anthon told her she didn't have to wear her hair fixed to bed and tried to take the headband out of her hair (the headband is her current hair accessory of choice), she literally screamed at him.  "NO!"  No explanation, but Anthon left the headband alone and she continues to wear a headband to bed every night.  AND she freaks out if we bump her headband during the day, "Mo-om!  You messed up my hair!"

Have I created a monster?!

I love the shy smile Anthon gives me when he's trying to act cool as I give him bear hugs after school but secretly he loves it and wants to cuddle.  And I love that he still asks me to cuddle with him in bed every night

I love how Kirk can make me laugh even after we've just had a big fight.  A few days ago I was mad at him (don't ask me about what) and we'd just finished a big argument.  I went to the kitchen to start dinner, feeling like I'd like to strangle him and for sure not wanting to see or talk to him for the next several hours.  A few minutes later, he sidles up behind me and just stands there.  He doesn't say anything, or do anything.  As I stand there chopping vegetables, this silly gesture of peace gets to me and I burst out laughing.  Love him.

After I feed Tanner the last time before bed I like to snuggle him a bit.  I love how he nestles into my neck and is so still and content.  And I love how he sometimes dozes off and then jerks his head back to look up at me, just to make sure I'm still there.  He'll smile, and then cozy back into my neck.  A few minutes later, he'll pop up again, check that I'm still there, give me a shy, knowing smile, and then snuggle back in.  I can hardly stand it!  So sweet.

These are just a few of the things I love about the people I love most.

1 comment:

Katie said...

It sounds like you have awesome kids. And yeah you totally need to post a picture with every blog entry, even if it's irrelevant. =)