Thursday, February 26, 2009

I don't have any pictures to go with this post, but I have to write down this little story. It's so sweet! And, actually, so typical of my sweet Anthon.

The other day Anthon had a friend over to play. Erilyn had had some trouble taking a nap at her usual time, so I ended up having her sleep in my bed downstairs. She was still asleep when Anthon came home from school so I told him that when his friend arrived, they'd need to play upstairs until it was time for her to wake up. He was totally fine with that.

When his friend came, Anthon immediately took him by the hand and whispered, "Steven, shh. Erilyn is still sleeping in my mom's room, so we need to play upstairs. You can choose what we do until she wakes up, but when she wakes up, she gets to choose at least one thing that we do so she can be happy playing with us, too. Okay? Do you understand? Erilyn gets to choose what we play when she gets up. But you can choose right now."

It was so sweet! He has the most tender little heart and is so loving and caring toward Erilyn. It just makes me want to cry everytime I see him help her with something without being asked, by me or her, or when he does something for her just because he knows she'll like it. He is really the best big brother. I love you to pieces, Buddy!

2 comments:

The Tremendous Thomas Family said...

You know in about 18 years or so my daughter will be looking for a husband how do you feel about arranged marriages? It seems that little boys can just melt your heart. What a great story!

Tiffany said...

That is about the cutest, sweetest story EVER--I love your Anthon!