Thursday, February 12, 2009

Catching Up...

Once we got back home from our Christmas travels (which included a trip up to Kanab, UT to visit The Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, which the kids loved), we tried to get settled in and ready for Mindy to come stay with us and help me through the next few weeks. She has been amazing! The kids love reading stories with her, going for walks with her, having boat races with her, playing with her, and eating all her yummy cooking! I've been so grateful that she could come and help. Kirk might be even more grateful she's here than me, considering it relieved him of all the cooking and cleaning! Thanks for coming, Mindy!

I had a great birthday. Thanks to everyone who remembered! Anthon thought it was fun that my birthday was also a holiday from school, and we had a great day hanging out at home. Kirk had lots of birthday surprises for me (I begged that a cake not be one of them!) and it was a great day.

I've discovered that if I take two different medications alternately throughout the day, and try not to do too much, I can keep most of my food down. It's amazing how much more energy I have when I actually eat! I've finally stopped losing weight (something I'm not usually happy about), and feeling well enough to tell Mindy that she can get on with her life and her move to Vegas. She leaves on Saturday. I miss her already!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

1 comment:

The Crider Clan said...

Sonja,

I was wondering where you had taken off to! You are preggers! I can totally feel for ya having the sickies...and I'm sorry for that...but you do have amamzingly cute kids and an amazing husband from what I hear! Hopefully the worst is behind ya! Why do we do this to ourselves??? I haven't ventured to have another one yet, but I'm definitely in the planning stages! Miss ya, and wish you well with this pregnancy.

Melissa