Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sibling Sleepovers

Anthon and Erilyn have been having sleepovers in Anthon's bed lately. It's so cute! It started out with them playing one day, but now Erilyn pretty much insists on it every night! They do pretty well, and it's really fun to hear them laughing and giggling together. We move Erilyn to her own bed before we go to bed, but she still wakes up at 5:30 every morning. We put her back to bed, but still, who wants to get up at 5:30 and haul a two year old back upstairs to her bed? We're thinking that she's always woken up at that time, but when she was in her crib and couldn't go anywhere, she'd just roll over and go back to sleep. Now that she's in a toddler bed, she'll get up and come crawl into our bed, which is cute and annoying all at the same time.

Anthon isn't any better. He gets up with her, but he knows to stay in his room and play. I've been teaching him a little about telling time, so we gave him a clock and told him that unless the first number is a 7, meaning it's at least 7 o'clock, he can't come out of his room. So far he's done pretty well.

I'm so not a morning person (as my dad, who always woke me up in the mornings, will attest) that it still baffles me that my kids are early risers! It must be Kirk's fault. Crazy kiddos.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kinsey said...

I loved sleepovers with my sisters, including this one adopted sister I had...named Sonja! :)