Saturday, June 28, 2008

Shadow

This is our beautiful cat, Shadow. We love him and he is perfect for our little family. He has, however, inadvertantly cost us a pretty good chunk of change! Admittedly, I am at least partially responsible. It if weren't for my love of animals, we may not have had to pay quite so much to care for this particular one. We love you Shadow!

So, here's the story. I first noticed that something was wrong with Shadow last Friday when I told Anthon to make sure and feed the cat and Anthon told me he didn't need any food. This is odd because our lovely little Shadow is also a bit of a piggy and Anthon has to feed him at least twice a day. That he didn't need any food that morning was my first red flag. As I started to pay closer attention, I realized that Shadow had not moved from his curled up spot on the couch in quite some time. Then, when he finally did move, he wasn't walking on his right front leg at all. Long story short, we took him to the vet once his hot, swollen, leg started oozing yucky stuff everywhere. After a steriod shot (to help with his 107 degree fever), sedation, IV fluids (he wouldn't eat or drink), antiobiotics, pain medication, and bandages, we brought poor little Shadow home! Kirk has to help me change the bandages, which is quite a process because the wound is pretty big and yucky (we still don't know what happened), but he's getting better every day. He even walks on it now! We love you Shadow!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: