Sunday, May 9, 2010

Frisco Horse Park

The first time I noticed the sign for this place, way back in August when Mom and Dad were still here helping us move in, I knew we had to go there.
Saturday dawned a beautiful day. It's been starting to get a bit toasty here the past week or so, but Saturday was a gorgeous 75 F, at the hottest part of the day, so we decided to make our trip to the Frisco Horse Park before the weather would make it miserable.
It wasn't quite what I expected, but the kids had fun. And it was relatively cheap. They had bounce houses, playground equipment, a petting zoo where the kids can go in with the goats and sheep to pet them, pony rides, horse rides (for 7 and up) and lots of other horses to pet and look at. It was just a big open place, with some goats wandering free, a bunch of horses and ponies tied up to the fence, and kids running around everywhere. You could pick your pony and just climb on! Erilyn loved going fast, which was kind of surprising to me. I would have guessed that she wouldn't like the bouncing, but she loved it! (not the bouncing...the going fast) Anthon didn't want to ride a pony, but he had fun running around climbing on things and chasing goats. We probably won't go back for a while, but I'm still glad we went.
And when Erilyn's incessant begging to have a horse or to ride a horse or to pet a horse gets too much for me to bear, I know exactly where to go.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: