Thursday, October 8, 2009

Feeling the love

Boy! I should write depressing blogs more often! Thank you to everyone who emailed me, called, me, or otherwise showed their love. I so appreciated it!

By the way...TANNER'S HOME! I just brought him home today. It was kind of sudden, and Heavenly Father sure did teach me a lesson.

You see, after my meltdown earlier this week, I said in my prayer, (omit the snarky overtones, please...I sound like less of a brat if you do...) "Okay. Fine. I give up. Clearly nothing I'm doing is going to help Tanner to come home any sooner. Apparently, nothing the doctors are doing is going to help Tanner to come home any sooner. It seems you're the only one that can help him, so he's all yours. I'll just do my best to let go, and have faith."

And whadduya know. Two days later, I'm driving home with Tanner in the back seat. Thank you, Lord. I get it now. It's not up to me. I have no control. I know now to trust thee, and have faith, and to feel thy love. And THANK YOU for sending Tanner home!

Quick story: I bought Erilyn some new shoes and after putting them on her, I said, "Well? Do you like them? They're good for running and kicking." She kind of sighed, and then said, "Well, they're not Sketchers." ?!?! I guess that's what I get for letting her watch commercials.

4 comments:

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

I am so glad he's home! It's funny because my mom had a similar experience with one of my siblings (actually the 3rd just like you), my brother caught some crazy sickness and was in the hospital for 6 weeks. My mom got to the point where all the doctors were telling her he could die any day and when she finally prayed that if it was the Lord's will that he can take him and then within a day or two he was ready to leave the hospital and it was a huge miracle.
I'm sure it was a really huge trial to go through and I'm so happy he's home and healthy!

Durrett Family Band said...

Yay! I'm so happy to hear he's home with you. The picture of him from your last post is adorable. He looks like he belongs to you and Kirk.

jamesrivergirl said...

Yay, Sonja, I'm glad he's home. And again, HE IS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL.