Thursday, April 2, 2009

Erilyn did WHAT?

Erilyn came to me a couple of days ago saying she needed a kleenex. I helped her blow her nose, but she cried and cried telling me it hurt. I didn't know what to do, so I told her to keep blowing, hoping to unclog whatever boogie was in there. Pretty soon, she blew out a small toy. Seriously?!

If you would have asked me three days ago, which of my kids would be more likely to put a toy up his/her nose, I would have undoubtedly and without hesitation said Anthon. And I would have been wrong.

3 comments:

jamesrivergirl said...

Oh how funny! This reminds me of a story from my teaching days. I wonder if she was thinking about it, like "I wonder what would happen if..." or if she just absent-mindedly stuck it up there.

The Crider Clan said...

Oh that made me laugh! Susannah put a small "polly Pocket" shoe in her nose when she was 3, and we had to go to urgent care to have it removed, luckily a surgical procedure was not needed, but that shoe was WAY up there! Also, my younger sister put a push tack up her nose at about 3 yrs. old too, and nobody knew until she started blowing rust out of her nose! Kids will do some crazy stuff!

Susan said...

Haha...that is so funny! Glad she is OK! Love ya!